Monday, July 25, 2011

Quarter-Life Crisis and Feelings About Feelings

Things would have been so much easier had I decided to maybe be an accountant, a Wal-Mart exec, or better yet a housewife. Lucky for me life makes no sense unless I am going making moves like Olivia Newton-John. Since I decided that my original 3 jobs weren't enough I got another one to fill the rest of the time I am not sleeping. It's going really well. I am on a solid diet of iced coffee/tea, carbs, and things labeled first with "On the go." Ahhh, adulthood feels so good sometimes.

New developments:
Summer in Portland apparently still means rain and has left everyone in an odd depressed mood or worse on sunny days a frantic loonbag for sunshine. I fall in the latter category. I am the one that does not wear sunscreen on the off chance that maybe a burn will make the Vitamin D last longer. Who knows... Speaking of Vitamins, I am currently hooked on Vitamin C chewables, and by hooked I mean I am almost done with the bottle I bought last week. Only later posts will tell how that turns out.

I now am the happy owner of a position at a wonderful (unmentioned to protect everyone involved) nonprofit as their event coordinator for a big event this fall. With that position I also received my first cubicle. New hobby: decorator. You better believe that mama's space will be the most legit part of that bitch. AND the event will be smashing.

Geriatric walks are best when done before sunset... I just found out there is a new gang in NE Portland (my neighborhood) called "Money Over Bitches." So, the last thing I would like is to get kidnapped for gingie hooking unless I am getting a significant cut and new clothes.

I have also discovered that one finds the best free boxes on Sunday nights and Monday mornings. This is due to the many garage sales that take place on weekends where the leftover treasures get left on the curb for me to find. So far, I have a new fanny pack (that is 4), a home hair-cutting DVD, give or take 200 postcards (new and used), a bonnet, and some suspenders. At this rate I will be fully clothed in awesome by September when rainy season ends and rainy season begins again.

My robotic tendencies have subsided and now I can be found at any given moment crying over everything from a smell to an N'Sync song. It's real. Bittersweet, but hey I will take all the emo I can get as. I am giving it until the second weekend of August, so if you want in on the ice cream and tissue fest get it while it's hot.

The new Bon Iver album is about as essential as diapers for a newborn. I would recommend that you stop reading this now (all 6 of you) and go get it now... Have a few moments then finish the last few paragraphs.

On top of the stress of daily 12 hour work-shifts I have started feeling internally anxious for our nation as we flounder to get our shit together. From Weiner to "pray the gay away" presidential candidate I am pretty sure we would be better in space... Oh wait, the space shuttle program is over too. Or maybe we could just spend more money we don't have... Or die of heat waves and drought or record breaking rain fall.... Really, take your pick.

Vegetables are growing-ish, so that means good things for the market for August... Good thing it ends in September, but all is well. Market Q has become a lovely community of friends and crude jokes amongst new friends. Many of us went out for the ole 25th birthday party and I so professionally showed everyone my ability to acquire accessories from drag queens and eat flowers. All the grown-up you can handle.

Feeling better and more optimistic about moving forward on the west coast, but Arkansas felt so good... Emotionally and mentally that is, physically it was sticky and too hot to enjoy outdoor things. I have good people in Fayetteville and a pretty great family too. It just isn't the same making a flag (boobie cake) out here, but I will eat the whole thing just the same. No shame.

It's probably time for a rain, hail, snow, and a run. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment